With Halloween coming, you need something to keep the kids (or yourself) out of the trick-or-treat candy. Most places don't allow home made treats, so these are perfect for you to keep all for yourselves! Decorate with some orange and black icing for your own edible jack-o-lanterns or raid the trick-or-treat stash anyway and add some of your favorite candy bits.
This is an easy recipe to start with - happy decorating!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com